1. Basic info such as the hose size, pressure and temperature range, type of swivel joint, mounting style, and type of rewind needs to be determined before selecting a reel
2. If you are able, it is best to choose a reel that has more hose capacity than you need
3. Smaller hoses permit a greater hose capacity for the reel
4. Each type of rewind has different characteristics:
Spring Driven - Needs no power source and rewinds automatically.
Hand Crank - Hose is rewinded manually, no power source needed.
Motor Driven - Needs a power source to function and rewind speed can be controlled.
5. The hose needs to be the ideal type and quality for the application for optimum service
6. Reels can be customized to fit the needs of the application